Multiple ids in WF

Tom Peou tompeou at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 08:11:56 EST 2006

Hi Aditya,

This might help. The personal-id of the vendor is from SU01? And do you
store the email address in there? If so, then do the following to retrieve
the email address from the user master and send mail to that address from
the workflow:

In your BOR, create a method (instance-independant, background processing)
to retrieve the email address from the user master record (SU01).
- Use BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL with an import parameter for user-Id (of vendor)
and export parameter for return (bapiret2) and email (bapiadsmtp-e_mail).

This method will give you an email address for that vendor user_id - put the
email address into a container. Ensure you have some sort of exception
handling either in the method or Workflow to compensate for no email address
found.

Go to your Workflow and make a copy of your 'send mail' step.
Bind the email container for the "vendor email" into ADDRESSSTRINGS.
And in the bindings, set TYPEID = "U".

You'll have the same send mail step twice in your Workflow, but one will
send to an "email address" (TYPEID = U) and the other to an "Org Object"
(TYPEID = G for your internal agent ids).

I hope that helps.

Tom