Need Simple Method to Scan Container Values

Lisa Hasenbohler lhasenbo at agrium.com
Mon Aug 28 15:22:19 EDT 2006

I will be away from the office until September 5.  If this is an urgent
matter please contact Bruno Picone (403-225-7363) or Luke Lau
403-225-7163.

Thanks,
Lisa Hasenbohler

>>> sap-wug 08/28/06 13:18 >>>

Hello WUG folks,

I am on 4.7 and need the simplest way to find values in a large number
of container in the following situation.

We create a workflow everytime a certain type of invoice is created,
therefore there are hundreds of workflows created every week.  When the
invoice (BKPF segment) is created, it is created with a payment block.
The workflow then removes the payment block when it is processed.
However, it is possible that a workflow is never worked leaving both the
invoice and the workflow hanging out there.  (The "why" is not important
for this question.)

We also have a batch process that goes out and writes off the invoices
after a certain age.  This basically leaves the workflow as an orphan
because the invoice has  it's payment block removed when it is written
off.  I would like some method of removing the corresponding workflow
when a document is written off.

Is there a simple method for me to find the corresponding workflow for a
specific BKPF segment?  The BKPF key (company number, document number
and fiscal year) are kept in the container of the workflow header and in
each workitem.  At the time that the writeoff occurs, I would like to be
able to access a table that contains the container values to determine
all the workitem id's with this company/docno/fiscyr.  Then using the
workitem id, I could then delete the workflow.  Does this sound feasible
or is there a better way?

I am unable to determine what the table name is that contains the
container values.  Is there some type of index on this container table
that would eliminate reading by a tablespace scan?

Thanks for the help.

Joanne Johnson

                            IMPORTANT NOTICE !
This E-Mail transmission and any accompanying attachments may contain
entity named above. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken
in reliance on the contents of this E-Mail by anyone other than the intended
recipient is strictly prohibited and is not intended to, in anyway, waive
privilege or confidentiality. If you have received this E-Mail in error please
immediately delete it and notify sender at the above E-Mail address.

Agrium uses state of the art anti-virus technology on all incoming and
outgoing E-Mail. We encourage and promote the use of safe E-Mail management
practices and recommend you check this, and all other E-Mail and attachments
you receive for the presence of viruses. The sender and Agrium accept no liability
for any damage caused by a virus or otherwise by the transmittal of this E-Mail.
                        IMPORTANT NOTICE