simple Forms vs ??

Juergen Stange juergen.stange at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 8 19:19:54 EDT 2006

Hallo,

i would like to set up a "simple" approval workflow in FI-AA; the user wants
to request a change to the costcenter; this should be approved by someone,
and if approved, the asset should be changed.

I'm not familiar with workflow, so i thougt it's a good idea to use "simple
forms" - turns out they are not that simple :-)

After some googling i found the Cookbook from Jocelyn Dart: "Using Form
Steps in SAP's WebFlow Engine", i also searched this MailingList for "simple
Forms".

The cookbook and the entries in the mailing list i found are kind of old and
seem to me outdated - we are using NW04s/700.
1) is simple Forms the way you would realise the above mentioned scenario or
is there a better/newer/easier way to do this workflow?
2) i wanted to use a BAPI to change the asset; but i have no idea how i
could execute the BAPI after the form step with proper bapitables filled - i
created a new workitem so i would be able to change costcenter. How can i
fill the BAPI tables with the fields from the form-container? is that
possible at all?

Best Regards,
Juergen