Making the actual agents the same as the possible agents

Mark Pyc mark.pyc at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 06:55:13 EDT 2006

G'day Adrian,

Why is it not good practice?

You could have a rule which ensures that the responsible are also determined
by the same security role, but what's the point??

If you do something tricky so that the responsible agents are dynamically
the same as the possible you haven't achieved anything. It would still be
single point of maintenance of agents.

I personally don't have an issue with using the possible agents of a task as
the only mechanism of agent determination if appropriate. That is, if the
agents are always the same and there is no data differentiation.

My 2p.

Have fun,
Mark