Custom methods - custom attributes

Mark Pyc mark.pyc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 13:34:48 EDT 2006

G'day Zsolt,

You're not doing anything wrong. This is how it is. If you need to
programmatically access an attribute of the parent you need to ask for it.

SWC_GET_PROPERTY SELF 'AttributeName' local_variable.

If you need to use an attribute of the parent for calculation of a new
virtual attribute you would include such code. If you just need the
attributes in the Workflow for binding or start-conditions etc then you can
simply access them. It's only if you want access to the attribute values
inside the code of your subtype that you need such a call.

SELF by the way is a key word and tells the system you want to access the
current logical object (which includes all the parents attributes)

Have fun,
Mark