HR workflow

Robert A. Tannert, Jr. tnn at ornl.gov
Mon Aug 7 09:51:51 EDT 2006

Nash,

The HR transactions are table-maintenance dialogs for tables T777IBO,
T779W, and T779X, respectively.  You should also be interested in
table T77FLC.  T77FLC and T777IBO are reference tables for T779W and
T779X, which you'll notice have the same structure.  T779W is
maintained by SAP, while T779X is the customer-maintained version.
When an HR update takes place, the system checks both T779W and T779X
for workflow events that should be generated based on the object
type, infotype/subtype, and update operation.

You can add entries to T779X to specify events that should be
generated or functions that should be called to decide which events
should be generated, if any, based on the update.  SAP note 307663
provides some background information and is a good starting point.
If you search the online help for specific table names, you'll find
your way to additional information.  One quirk you need to keep in
mind when you write your own HR event rule functions is that the
interface for functions triggered by PA-infotype updates is different
than the interface for functions triggered by PD-infotype updates.  A
safe thing to do is to copy function HR_EVENT_RULES_PA0000 for a PA
update, and HR_EVENT_TRAINING_NOTIFICATION for a PD update.

You also need to enable workflow event generation from HR updates
globally.  You'll find this and the other HR/WF transactions in the
IMG (transaction SPRO) under Personnel Management > Global Settings
in Personnel Management > Business Workflow Events.  Let us know if
you have specific questions after you've poked around.

Rob