Exception condition "CNTL_ERROR" raised when running a task (calls a function module)

Paul.Bakker@osr.treasury.qld.gov.au Paul.Bakker at osr.treasury.qld.gov.au
Thu Apr 20 18:23:41 EDT 2006

Markkos,

The error "CNTL_ERROR" usually occurs when you are running a BDC session
for a transaction that has 'fancy' screen elements like table controls or
tabstrips. These work fine in the foreground, but not so well in the
background.

More and more SAP transaction make use of these elements, so batch input
(and 'call transaction') is, in general, not a good approach.

Perhaps you could find a BAPI for Invoice Posting instead?

hope this helps,
Paul B
Brisbane

                      Markkos
                      <markkos at gmail.co        To:       "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
                      m>                       cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Exception condition "CNTL_ERROR" raised when running a task (calls a
                      sap-wug-bounces at m         function module)
                      it.edu

                      21/04/2006 01:16
                      Please respond to
                      "SAP Workflow
                      Users' Group"

Good Morning!,

I'm getting this exception when running a WF task. I'll explain the
background.

I've developed and tested a function module (it's a Batch Input of the MiR4
- Invoice Posting), and it works fine. Now, I've created a task calling the
function mod. Well, when I execute it, it gives me an exception.

The content of the MESSTAB in the log, is the following 3 lines:
MIR4                SAPLMR1M                                6000SEDC
006
MIR4                SAPLMR1M                                6000AESY
002Exception condition "CNTL_ERROR" raised.
MIR4                SAPLMR1M                                6000AE00
359/N

Are you familiar with this particular exeption?  Any suggestions or help?

I'll appreciate any comments... thanks in advance.