Does someone in mailing group filters messages?

Susan R. Keohan keohan at ll.mit.edu
Wed Apr 12 10:06:50 EDT 2006

Hi Bryan,

The SAP-WUG Mailman utility does not 'filter' messages per se.  If someone sends a message to the
list from an unsubscribed address, I get notified.  I can then do some administrative checking, and
see whether the message was truly WF-related, or spam (lots of that lately! If anyone wants some
interest free loans, or some medication for certain conditions, let me know.  But really, don't.)

If someone is truly sending a WF message, I send them email that they need to subscribe to the list,
or that they are already subscribed under a different email address, and should try sending from
that email address.

Unfortunately, we can't filter for out-of-office messages either, as that is a valid topic for
workflow-ers!

So, just a gentle reminder to all, please do check your email address(es) periodically... the
problem isn't always on the Mailman side - anymore than it is always on the WF side :)
One person recently found that they had a filter in their email client that was moving messages to
another folder.

Sue