Problem with n-Step Item Level Workflow in EBP

Amit Moghe amitpmoghe at rediffmail.com
Wed Apr 5 10:45:15 EDT 2006

Hi WF Gurus,

This problem is regarding the n-Step Item Level Approval Workflow for shopping cart in EBP (WS14500015). We are on SRM 4.0.

We have written the code in BADI BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI to determine the approvers. We are facing some problem in the approval process for the non-catalog items. In case of non-Catalog item, the workflow should first go to the Buyer for the particular item based on the Product Category for approval.

This works well when the user creates the shopping cart. (i.e. it correctly determines the buyer and sends the workitem to him)

But if the user changes the Product Category for which a different buyer is responsible before it is approved by the earlier buyer, then, it goes to the old buyer as well as the new buyer.

Also this problem is not observed in our development environment but it is there in Test and Prod environments. The code in BADI is identical in all three environments. I therefore do not think that there is any problem with the program logic of BADI.

Can you please advise what could be the reason?

Thanks in advance...

Regards,
Amit