GENERIC INSTANTIATE - SAP user's internet addres.

Thomas Maue Thomas.Maue at ipaper.com
Tue Apr 4 17:55:34 EDT 2006

Claude,

I agree with Edwin, master data.  Specifically check the communication
infotype 0105.  Make sure the PERNR number has the user assigned for
communication type = 0001 and the validity dates are correct.

Regards,
Thomas Maue

             "Edwin Mukusha"
             <emukusha at nebrask
             a.edu>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  "SAP Workflow Users' Group"
             sap-wug-bounces at m         <sap-wug at mit.edu>
             it.edu                                                     cc

                                                                   Subject
             04/04/2006 03:58          Re: GENERIC INSTANTIATE - SAP
             PM                        user's  internet addres.

             Please respond to
               "SAP Workflow
               Users' Group"
             <sap-wug at mit.edu>

Hi Claude,

I have had problems in the past with Business Object  EMPLOYEET which sits
under your EMPLOYEE attribute.  This was because there was some 'rogue
code' that still exists on some of its attributes:

" if subrc ne 0.
   exit_object_not_found.
 endif. "

Basically depending on your patch release some of this code still exists.
Basically whenever you are trying trying to instantiate BOR EMPLOYEET and
an attribute is not filled that contains this code, then unfortunately the
entire object may not instantiate.  In other words any attributes that have
this code are really programmed to be mandatory.   The exception of object
not found is a serious enough to stop your workflow in some cases.  So for
example I used to get this error because we did not have a time
administrator set up (which in our environment we really do not ever set up
these).   You will find attributes such as internetaddress where this code
has been removed.

So I suspect that you have small differences in your master data set up
between your clients.  This would make a lot of sense when you report that
the DEV client is the only system that is giving you this error.  I know
with our system DEV is a very 'dodgy' client where HR master data is
concerned. Go ahead and instantiate the EMPLOYEET object in tx. swo1 and
see if you can compare all the attributes and see that they are filled
correctly for everything compared to the working clients (check all
attributes regardless of whether the internet address is filled).

good luck,

Edwin.

   "Schrader N., Claude (Enap
   Refinerías)"                                   To:        "'SAP
   <cschrader at enaprefinerias.cl>          Workflow Users' Group'"
   Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu       <sap-wug at mit.edu>
                                                  cc:
                                                  Subject:        GENERIC
   04/04/2006 03:15 PM                    INSTANTIATE - SAP user's
   Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users' internet addres.
   Group"

How to obtain a SAP user's  internet addres:

Starting with the name  of the SAP user account  a workflow task uses
GENERIC.INSTANTIATE method to instantiate USR01DoHR object. The e-mail is
then taken from:  USR01DOHR.EMPLOYEE.INTERNETADDRES.

What fails:
It works fine on all but one of our SAP Clients.  The failure is: USR01DOHR
is instantiated but EMPLOYEE  is not instantiated, its returned value is
<No Instance>.

Using transaction SWO1 I obtained the same results. Clients SandBox(100),
QA(100) PRODUCTION(100) worked fine, but DEV(100) fails.

We run SAP R3 Enterprise, Basis 620.
Transaction PA30 shows the same data on all clients.

Please help me.

Claude

La información contenida en este mensaje es de propiedad de la Empresa
Nacional del Petróleo, está destinada al uso exclusivo de la persona a
quien va dirigida y puede contener información privilegiada, confidencial o
de divulgación restringida según la ley chilena. Si Ud. ha recibido este
mensaje por error, le notificamos por este medio que está estrictamente
prohibido copiar el mensaje o usarlo de cualquier modo, o divulgar su
contenido, y le solicitamos tenga la amabilidad de destruirlo y de
comunicárnoslo vía correo electrónico.

The information contained in this message is a property of Empresa Nacional
del Petróleo, it is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
named above, and it may be propietory, privileged, confidential or
otherwise legally exempt from disclosure under chilean law. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance on the contents
of this telecopied information is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately.