GENERIC INSTANTIATE - SAP user's internet addres.

Edwin Mukusha emukusha at nebraska.edu
Tue Apr 4 16:58:17 EDT 2006

Hi Claude,

I have had problems in the past with Business Object  EMPLOYEET which sits
under your EMPLOYEE attribute.  This was because there was some 'rogue
code' that still exists on some of its attributes:

" if subrc ne 0.
   exit_object_not_found.
 endif. "

Basically depending on your patch release some of this code still exists.
Basically whenever you are trying trying to instantiate BOR EMPLOYEET and
an attribute is not filled that contains this code, then unfortunately the
entire object may not instantiate.  In other words any attributes that
have this code are really programmed to be mandatory.   The exception of
object not found is a serious enough to stop your workflow in some cases.
So for example I used to get this error because we did not have a time
administrator set up (which in our environment we really do not ever set
up these).   You will find attributes such as internetaddress where this
code has been removed.

So I suspect that you have small differences in your master data set up
between your clients.  This would make a lot of sense when you report that
the DEV client is the only system that is giving you this error.  I know
with our system DEV is a very 'dodgy' client where HR master data is
concerned. Go ahead and instantiate the EMPLOYEET object in tx. swo1 and
see if you can compare all the attributes and see that they are filled
correctly for everything compared to the working clients (check all
attributes regardless of whether the internet address is filled).

good luck,

Edwin.

"Schrader N., Claude (Enap Refinerías)" <cschrader at enaprefinerias.cl>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
04/04/2006 03:15 PM
Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users' Group"