What is the correct way to instantiate an object?

Baunach, Natasha R natasha.r.baunach at intel.com
Wed Sep 21 01:10:20 EDT 2005

Your workflow is started by BUS1065 and retrieves a list of equipment
from object EQUI

Tom,

Try this to see if it works for you.

Create a workflow container called OBJECTKEY (data reference SWOTOBJID-
OBJKEY).

Create a container operation step to populate OBJECTKEY container with
value of the key of your new object.

Create a workflow container with the reference type to your new object
that you trying to create (EQUI).

Create a background task (I created a new task) based on object SYSTEM
and method GENERICINSTANTIATE

Binding definition between task and workflow:

Task container <- workflow container

OBJECTKEY <- &OBJECTKEY&

OBJECTTYPE <- your new object type EQUI

Task container -> workflow container

OBJECTINSTANCE -> &EQUI_CONTAINER& -- container that you created with
reference to the object type.

I can't remember exact syntax for multiple key fields, but I think
OBJKEY is a composite field that combines all key fields of the business
object.

Please let me know if it worked.

Natasha