What is the correct way to instantiate an object?

PEOU Tom T Tom_PEOU at rta.nsw.gov.au
Tue Sep 20 20:02:34 EDT 2005

Hi All,

Can someone advise on the best way to instantiate another object into a
workflow?

For example, I want to retrieve a list of equipment from object EQUI
that is connected to an employee in BUS1065.

My workflow reads in a key field of 'employee number' and finds
equipment connected to that employee.

I want to instantiate the object EQUI so I can easily retrieve
attributes from that object.

Can someone give me a good example of how I can use the
SYSTEM.GENERICINSTANTIATE method to instantiate this object?

And if possible, can you provide an example of how I would instantiate
an object that has multiple 'Key Fields'?

Many thanks in advance.

Tom

Tom Peou

Workflow & ESS Administration

Roads and Traffic Authority

Centennial Plaza

260 Elizabeth Street

Surry Hills, NSW

P: (02) 9218 6601

E: Tom_PEOU at rta.nsw.gov.au

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachment to it are intended only to be read or used by the named addressee. It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistaken transmission to you. The RTA is not responsible for any unauthorised alterations to this e-mail or attachment to it. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the RTA. If you receive this e-mail in error, please immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender. You must not disclose, copy or use any part of this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.