BAPI for PO Release

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Fri Sep 16 09:52:56 EDT 2005

There are many roads to Rome.
What to do depends on whether you are using single sign-on and much
more.

Here's one strategy.
1. Send mail to Notes mail-in box
2. Process incoming messages and create a message to the real recipient
using a form designed for this purpose
3. When the user presses "Approve", make an RFC call into SAP using the
connector for Notes.
4. Let the RFC function either log the approval directly, or complete a
work item for approval.

I don't know the details. The connector for Notes is as far as I know
part of the SAP standard client installation. There is a documentation
database for it which tells you all you need to know. The rest is "plain
SAP".

Alternatively:
1) install FAX connector for Notes
2) send fax from SAP to manager
3) manager prints the fax, signs it and faxes it to Manager's Help Desk
4) Manager's Help Desk scans the fax and attaches the image to the PO
5) Manager's Help Desk approves the PO

I just love managers who insist on hiring someone to do their job.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn, Statoil KTJ IT BKS