Work item sent to multiple workflow inboxes after deadline

Mark Pyc mark.pyc at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 13:13:17 EDT 2005

G'day D,

The option of not setting the original item to obsolete works very
well when the task is asyncronous since no matter which agent
processes the step the terminating event will complete both.

The other standard option is simply to terminate the current Workitem
and send a new one to both the original agent and their one up. In
these cases the limitation is that you need one text that will suit
both.

If you really want seperate texts then place in a 1 from 2 fork. If
you've got a user decision and one manager makes that decision the
other fork (and therefore workitem) will be cleaned up. If the
managers make the decision effectivel simultaneously, one of them will
win - does it really matter which?

Hope this helps.

Have fun,
Mark