Enterprise Portal Upgrade and UWL

Darren Hague Darren.Hague at axonglobal.com
Wed Sep 14 05:14:07 EDT 2005

Sherie,

In EP6, KM & Collaboration has much less of an infrastructure impact
than in EP5 (i.e. no need to think of adding servers, etc.). Other than
the portal taking longer to start after a reboot, you can configure it
so that the user is pretty unaware that there is any KM there at all, so
there is no additional support burden. About the only thing that may
cause a problem is the introduction of "Ad-hoc workflow" in UWL, which
you may find to be an unwanted feature.  What we have found is that
having KM there is quite useful, since it enables the potential of the
portal to be realised when required, starting with simple things like
being able to store help files for the users, moving on to slightly more
complex things like enabling "Employee documents" in MSS.  You don't
have to use everything it offers, just the bits which are useful to you.

- Darren