R3 Workflow in SRM

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Mon Sep 12 02:47:05 EDT 2005

Cyrus,
Please ALWAYS ask questions via the WUG - it is not appropriate to
contact me directly with consulting questions as I am a paid consultant
just like you - you should always use a forum where information is
exchanged freely.

No you absolutely cannot use your existing R/3 PR/PO workflow for SRM.

What you can do is use RH_GET_ACTORS via RFC to determine your agents
from R/3.

But you will still need to use the SRM workflows for SRM.

There are a number orf reasons for this including but not limited to:

1. A shopping cart is NOT a purchase requistion - it is before or
instead of a purchase requisition. But a shopping cart can also be used
to create a PO, a PR a Reservation, or a Bid Invitation.

2. SRM provides much more flexibility and visibility to the user on what
is happening before, during and after the workflow - this functionality
depends to a great extent on the very specific patterns of behaviour
used in SRM.  SRM has *a lot* of special workflow processing around
these.

If you want to put similar functionality in SRM as compared to R/3 use
the BADI approval workflow.

Regards,
Jocelyn Dart
Senior Consultant
SAP Australia Pty Ltd.
Level 1/168 Walker St.
North Sydney
NSW, 2060
Australia
T   +61 412 390 267
M   + 61 412 390 267
E   jocelyn.dart at sap.com
http://www.sap.com <http://www.sap.com/>

The information contained in or attached to this electronic transmission
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for
the person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any distribution,
copying, review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of this
electronic transmission or the information contained in it is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error,
please immediately contact the sender to arrange for the return of the
original documents.

Electronic transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure and
accordingly, the sender does not accept liability for any such data
corruption, interception, unauthorized amendment, viruses, delays or the
consequences thereof.

Any views expressed in this electronic transmission are those of the
individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the
sender is authorized to state them to be the views of SAP AG or any of
its subsidiaries. SAP AG, its subsidiaries, and their directors,
officers and employees make no representation nor accept any liability
for the accuracy or completeness of the views or information contained
herein. Please be aware that the furnishing of any pricing information/
business proposal herein is indicative only, is subject to change and
shall not be construed as an offer or as constituting a binding
agreement on the part of SAP AG or any of its subsidiaries to enter into
any relationship, unless otherwise expressly stated.