Mailman response time...and Googling!!!!

Susan R. Keohan keohan at ll.mit.edu
Thu Sep 8 15:30:47 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Regarding Mailman processing time... here is the official answer:
> Mailman breaks a listing into "chunks", and then runs through all of
> the chunks at the same time.  Each chunk, however, is processed one
> address at a time.   Some mail servers are slow to answer, so the
> people towards the end of a chunk will be waiting until all the people
> before them in the chunk have been mailed.    This can certainly cause
> delays of 15-20 minutes if there are problematic mail servers in the
> list.

And now for something wonderful...

If you go to Google, and use the prefix 'site:mailman.mit.edu sap-wug' (followed by your topic of
interest), Google will now return a list of messages posted to SAP-WUG.

Alan ?  Can you update your SDN site to include this prefix ?  I can re-instate the link to SDN...

Hurray for the MIT Mailman gurus!  Hurray for Google!