EBP 4.0 N-Step - Change Approver After Order

Martinek, Jerry Jerry.Martinek at icbc.com
Tue Sep 6 21:16:14 EDT 2005

Hi,

I've run into another challenge with our shopping cart approval workflow
or environment.

While in change mode for an 'ordered' shopping cart, the system allows
us to change the current approver to a new/different approver. Once the
replace completes, the approval preview includes the new approver as
expected. However, when the sc is subsequently saved, the underlying
active workflow/task is not updated with the new agent. The annoying
part is that this doesn't occur in QSR system which means that somehow
our two systems are no longer in synch.

At what point in the process does the workflow actual agent get updated?
I've debugged the 'replace' which seems to work in that it updates an
internal table with the new approver and I've also debugged the 'save'
event. The update doesn't appear to be happening on the 'replace' side
because while in the 'save' event, when the system gets the underlying
workflow for the sc cart, the active workflow/task still has the
original agent and not the new one.

If it's supposed to happen on the 'save' event, any ideas why it would
bypass the update?

Thanks,

Jerry Martinek