Does deadline monitoring branch end when task is completed?

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Thu Sep 1 04:22:49 EDT 2005

Computers are stupid, they only do what you tell them to do. So unless
you have designed your workflow such that the "Latest End" branch
becomes obsolete when the activity is carried out it won't happen.

If possible you can set up two parallell branches there with only 1
required to finish the branch. Set up a "Wait for event" step in the
other parallell branch and publish that event when the activity step has
been completed.

Going *way* off-topic... I'm sure Microsoft will soon announce that
Windows 2008 will make computers do what you want them to. What will
actually happen is that the computers will do what Microsoft wants you
to want them to do, and that won't be what I want them to do in most
cases. Nothing new in other words... A real improvement would be an
animated "Rifle" cursor set, so it would be possible to shoot that
stupid office assistant that insists on popping up until you disable it.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn, Statoil KTJ IT BKS