Adding elements to a record in Records Management System from workflow

carlos_navas@ieci.es carlos_navas at ieci.es
Fri Oct 28 05:40:30 EDT 2005

Hello.

I'm trying to integrate SAP Business workflow with SAP Records Management.

The first step of my workflow creates a record using the Record BAPI. If i
look for the record at the records browser of RM and i found it created.
The second step generates a document from a template with the values of
the record's atributes. It works fine too.
But, when I try to insert a new business object in the record something
goes wrong. The workflow passes the step with no error but the bo is not
inserted.
Looking at the workflow log i can see the available objects for the step
and there it is my record, but only with the instances nodes defined in
the record model.
It seems like at that moment workflow only can access the definition of
the record with the common nodes defined, not the instance i have created
at the first step. If I look the record from RM records browser while the
workflow is active i only can see the instance nodes and the system show
me an alert telling me that other user is working with the record.

If i change the last step for a record update task, the system show me the
records browser with my new record complete. From there I can insert my bo
with any problem. So i think that must be a way to do it in a programmatic
way. I think that must be a way to save an close the record, and this must
be done before adding new elements. But the record bapi does not expose
any methods like these in its interface.

Anyone has made an integration like this? any idea about what i'm doing
wrong?

Any help will be very, very appreciated.
Carlos