Workflow monitoring job crashing

Kevin Wilson kwilson at Insight.com
Thu Oct 27 13:04:01 EDT 2005

Our workflow deadline monitoring job (SWWDHEX) hangs every morning. We
reschedule the job and it works fine the rest of the day until the
following morning. We've pinpointed it to 1 specific workflow that kicks
in at that time of the morning. This workflow uses deadline monitoring
to ensure that the background processes do not run forever so it
schedules a task that will cancel the workflow if it runs too long.
Unfortunately the workflows that are created during the time of the
cancellation of the job are left in a started (hanging) state and are
not processed properly. Once the job is rescheduled all the new
workflows work just fine.
What could be causing this.