- customizing

Srinivasan Ramanan r_m_n_n at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 27 12:17:31 EDT 2005

Hi  David,
Thank you very much for your lucid explation of every points relevant for
customizing...
I infact used 901 for DEV system prefix...
Perfix System DEv class
901   S2E      YEWF

After I transported to TST system which is in a different box,
I got the tasks and workflow templates created with the sames prefix 901...

If I understood correctly , I should have configured perfix for DEV tTST and
PRD systems and transported it like this

901    S2E
902    S2C
903    F3C

In this case do you mean that task TS9010001  developed in DEV system would
have been created as task TS9020001 in TST system and as task TS9030001 in
PRD system...

This is very much necessry becasue as you said in case of emergency direct
maintenance development environment would not have the prefix number in PRD
or TST system, if config is done only for DEV system ..

AM I correct in my ubderstanding ?

advance thanks for your confirmation on this.
regards
Srinivasan