Events for Change Documents - FM For Event Id

workflow99@aol.com workflow99 at aol.com
Tue Oct 18 16:12:22 EDT 2005

Hi Jerry,

Yes, you can do what you need with the Event Id FM. The FM is executed before the event is created. The parameter CHANGEDOCUMENT has the changes and EVENTS has the event which started the FM. You can examine the changed fields and decide whether to raise the event or not. You can also create additional events for the object by adding events to the EVENTS parameter.

   loop at changedocument_position where fname = 'FIELD1'.
* This is just an example, you may have to do some manipulating to do arithemetic on the old & new
      Difference = changedocument_position-value_New -
                         changedocument_position-value_Old.
      If Difference > 10.
* Do Nothing - Event will be created.
      Else.
         Refresh Events. "No Event Will be created
      Endif.
      EXIT.
   endloop.

*To raise additional events, you simply append the Event name to the EVENTS parameter.

HTH.

Best Regards,
Ramki Maley,
WF Developer - USCBP.