Form step - 'Back' arrow completes step

PEOU Tom T Tom_PEOU at rta.nsw.gov.au
Thu Oct 6 20:37:26 EDT 2005

Hi Nigel,

If you wish to keep the work item in the user's inbox, then you will
need to turn on the "Confirm End of Processing" under task properties
for the change form step (task).

Activating this option will force a popup box to confirm if this is the
end of processing - They will have the option to say 'Complete' or
'Cancel and Keep Work Item in Inbox'. However, this is not fool proof
and will not acknowledge whether the save button has been clicked or not
- it is simply a way to keep the work item after the change step is
exited (whether saved or otherwise).

There are a number of other ways to perform what you want - but this is
the simplest method without any programming changes.

Cheers,

Tom Peou

Workflow & ESS Administration

Roads and Traffic Authority

Centennial Plaza

260 Elizabeth Street

Surry Hills, NSW

P: (02) 9218 6601

E: Tom_PEOU at rta.nsw.gov.au

________________________________

I have a simple 'change' form step as part of my workflow. I thought
that the step would only be complete if the save button was selected,
but it is completed when the back arrow is pressed (and the user selects
'no' to 'do you wish to save your data first'). I want to ensure that
the work item remains in the user's inbox unless the form step is saved.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Nigel Thurgood

This is an email from Australian Health & Nutrition Association Limited,

ABN 63 096 452 872 trading as Sanitarium Health Food Company.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachment to it are intended only to be read or used by the named addressee. It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistaken transmission to you. The RTA is not responsible for any unauthorised alterations to this e-mail or attachment to it. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the RTA. If you receive this e-mail in error, please immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender. You must not disclose, copy or use any part of this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.