How do CREATED terminating events link to task?

Breslavets Sergey sergey.breslavets at volvo.com
Wed Nov 30 09:50:34 EST 2005

Hi Mike,

it's simple really.

When u execute the workitem, the WF manager exports the Workitem ID to the memory and creates a special case of an instance linkage record (SWEINST) for that particular workitem and event 'CREATED' (object key is '*'). When the event 'Created' for that object type is raised (e.g. you posted an invoice) - WF manager will check the memory for the exported WI id, and then check the instance linkage for that ID number - if exists, it'll link the created object id to the workitem and completes the task.

So that, ONLY if you create the object by executing the workitem you will have the WI ID exported and linkage record created, all other "CREATED" event will be ignored.

Regards,
SB