How do CREATED terminating events link to task?

Mike Pokraka wug.replies at workflowconnections.com
Wed Nov 30 03:18:53 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'm curious as to how terminating events link to async tasks, and in particular
what makes CREATED events 'special':

If I my terminating event is DOCUMENT.FUBAR, anyone can fubar the document
outside of workflow and it will complete the task. This is a good thing.

So the logical conclusion is that an async CREATE method with a CREATED
terminating event will terminate itself when *anyone* creates a document of
that type. Not so, if I use CREATED, *only* a document created by executing
that task will terminate the task. This is a good thing, but how is this
accomplished? I mean, even if I excecute the WI which takes me to a transaction
and I do a '/nwhatever' to restart the same transaction in the same session and
then create a document, the CREATED event gets raised but won't terminate my
task. How? Why?

Any insight appreciated,
Cheers
Mike