Development Requests (was: Slightly OT: Adding PO items to MM invoice from workflow)

Mike Pokraka wug.replies at workflowconnections.com
Tue Nov 22 06:33:23 EST 2005

Hi Jocelyn - and any other wuggers who might be interested in this little
can of worms,

Not meaning to be negative, but.... SAP state that:
"It has become necessary to restrict the service "development requests" to
the customer groups named - SAP user groups, certified Customer Competence
Center and Global Alliance Partners as well as SAP development and
consulting partners - as the large number of requirements of individual
customers increasingly hinders decision making for product and development
planning. We would therefore kindly ask you to make more use of the SAP
user groups as discussion forums for your development requirements for the
SAP solutions."

Right, so that blows me right out of the water then. I am an independent
consultant, and prior to that I have worked for a small consultancy. Both
setups place me in a situation where I either work for the end user direct
or I work with one of the consulting partners - who in my experience
rarely make it through their own bureaucracy to get as far as even getting
an internal OSS ID to log a development request, never mind finding the
time to do so on a project. These are just my experiences, I am certainly
interested in raising dev requests! I would even welcome a simple thing
such as being able to get my own OSS ID but even that is out of reach for
people in my position.

Talking to various people, I know I am not alone in this...

Cheers
Mike

Note: As it turned out, this was neither a direct response nor directed
against Jocelyn - my original comment was intended humorously and I highly
value her input and contributions to the list. These are just my opinions
about the development request process.

Dart, Jocelyn wrote:
> Mike,
> Chuck a development request in anyway - its all grist to the mill when
they are deciding what to include in future releases/support packs.
Usually a customer doesn't need to follow through a dev request as such.