Slightly OT: Adding PO items to MM invoice from workflow

viveka.schwartz@implema.se viveka.schwartz at implema.se
Mon Nov 21 12:54:08 EST 2005

Hello Mike,

my client was told by OSS 1,5 years ago in 4.6C that there was no BAPI for
changing LIV invoice - only for creating invoices -  but they could
develop one if the customer was paying for it !

Regards
Viveka

Mike Pokraka <wug.replies at workflowconnections.com>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
2005-11-21 18:20
Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
cc

Subject
Re: Slightly OT: Adding PO items to MM invoice from workflow

Hi Ramki,
I was trying to keep it too simple... 4.7 / 620. MIR4 -> Edit -> Change
The process:
- Incoming invoice scanned and entered automatically using OCR.
- If OCR cannot post invoice, it's parked & WF triggered
- WF determines user and asks them which PO items this invoice is for
- Done in custom popup with list of open PO items against vendor,
- Client doesn't want MIR4 because this way is a) a simpler interface
and b) restricts header changes.

We have found BAPIs and functionality galore for CREATING invoices, but
not for changing them.... Adding items in this way seems not that
unusual a requirement, are we really alone?

Thanks
Mike

workflow99 at aol.com wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Is the Invoice parked/held before WF starts or is it being created in
the WF? BTW, What release are you in? MIR4 is a display transaction in
6.20.

> Best Regards,
> Ramki Maley,
> WF Developer - USCBP.

wrestling with this on and off for months we are clutching at straws that
someone may have implemented something similar.

> The scenario is MM Inovice Verification, workflow goes to users to pick
PO's and items to go onto an invoice. Users do not have MIR4 access, so WF
pops up a list to let users pick the PO's & items for the invoice.

> The question/problem is how to add items onto a PO in background? We've
gone through BADIs', BAPI's, OSS, SDN and various SAP sites, messed about
with MRM_* function modules (chaos!), at last resorting to writing a BDC
(ugh) which uses MIR4 - but only works for up to 8 items (there's no page
down in the PO selection popup from MIR4).

> Has anyone implemented something to add more than 8 items onto a MM
Invoice? Is there a secret function module or other hack to do this?