UWL Issues

Paul Batey paul.batey at presenceofit.com.au
Thu Nov 17 20:27:54 EST 2005

Thanks Jocelyn.

I am using RSWUWFML2 and the url comes out into the email just fine.  I am
using the correct URL to the UWL
(pcd:portal_content/xxxx/Roles/ESS/WhoIsWho/com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.uwl
_page)

When I execute a workitem from this URL it fills up the screen.  If I go into the
uwl from scratch through the menu paths, the workitem does not fill up the
screen.

I'll check the PCD settings.

> [...]
> configuration - check your settings there.
>
> 2) Use the Back link above the work item, or open in workitem in a
> separate window and users can just close the window.
>
> 3) Yes it does but periodically not immediately, and on user request
> (refresh button) - rememeber your UWL list is a poll of multiple systems
> R/3, Alert Mgt System, Guided Procedures, KM notifications, non-SAP
> (watch this space...) - so to refresh immediately for all users could
> potentially be a performance issue.
> Check your default refresh time settings - in the XML config file I
> believe but check it, global I think is in the PCD again.
> Possibly also in the user personalize view from memory? Check it.
>
> 4) Portal generally recommends not using back button - I think you can
> protect it - talk to your portal admin
>
> Check your EP 6.0 SP levels are up-to-date - best to at least be on SP12
> if you can.
>
> Regards,
> Jocelyn Dart
> Senior Consultant
> SAP Australia Pty Ltd.
> Level 1/168 Walker St.
> North Sydney
> NSW, 2060
> Australia
> T   +61 412 390 267
> M   + 61 412 390 267
> E   jocelyn.dart at sap.com
> http://www.sap.com
>
> The information contained in or attached to this electronic transmission
> is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for
> the person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
> intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any distribution,
> copying, review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of this
> electronic transmission or the information contained in it is strictly
> prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error,
> please immediately contact the sender to arrange for the return of the
> original documents.
> Electronic transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure and
> accordingly, the sender does not accept liability for any such data
> corruption, interception, unauthorized amendment, viruses, delays or the
> consequences thereof.
> Any views expressed in this electronic transmission are those of the
> individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the
> sender is authorized to state them to be the views of SAP AG or any of
> its subsidiaries. SAP AG, its subsidiaries, and their directors,
> officers and employees make no representation nor accept any liability
> for the accuracy or completeness of the views or information contained
> herein. Please be aware that the furnishing of any pricing information/
> business proposal herein is indicative only, is subject to change and
> shall not be construed as an offer or as constituting a binding
> agreement on the part of SAP AG or any of its subsidiaries to enter into
> any relationship, unless otherwise expressly stated.

Behalf