Fw: W.F inconsistency

viveka.schwartz@implema.se viveka.schwartz at implema.se
Mon Nov 14 04:53:36 EST 2005

Please check this:
Before you transport again, please verify that you have at least Ver 0002
Active in DEV, i.e the implemented version to be transported should be
higher than the existing ones in QA - regardless whether they are active
or not in QA.

Regards
Viveka

----- Forwarded by Viveka Schwartz/Implema AB on 2005-11-14 10:50 -----

Viveka Schwartz/Implema AB
2005-11-14 10:45

"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
cc

Subject
Re: W.F inconsistency

Hello Adnan,

is the object still locked in a repair request in the target system ?

If so, first release or remove this request in QA.

Then in DEV try to generate a new Version again in the wf-builder via :
Workflow => Generate version    -   then press the icon "generate and
activate the runtime version"

Workflow=>Generate version generates a new version of the workflow
implementation itself
while the icon
"Generate and activate a new runtime version" only generates a new runtime
version of the current implemented version .

Then transport to QA - and activate the wf-id manually via SWUS in the
target system.

It the problem still exists, copy the corrupt wf-id to a new id in DEV and
start all over again.

Kind regards
Viveka

Adnan Hashim <adnan_hashim at yahoo.com>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
2005-11-14 10:11
Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
cc

Subject
Re: W.F inconsistency

Viveka,
     Am on 4.7  Yes, I generated new version on Dev and transported as the
active Ver.
But as the versions are inconsistency now, it falls back on the ver 0000
again. Means,
On Dev I have  " Ver 0001  (0001) " Active  while on QAS have "Ver 0000
(0001)" as Active.

Could not find a OSS note on this problem.

Regards
Adnan

viveka.schwartz at implema.se wrote:

Hello Adnan,

have you tried to generate and activate a New wf builder version in DEV,
and then transporting this new version to QAS ?

I don't know which release you are on but in 4.6C at least, there is a
problem with the transport system and the automatic generation of the
latest wf-builder version after the transport.

There are some OSS notes regarding this problem but so far they have not
helped me.
Instead I use to activate the latest wf-builder version "manually" in the
target system by starting the first workflow instance via t.code SWUS,
since t.code SWUS  is automatically generating the latest wf-builder
version if it has not already been properly activated.

Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
2005-11-14 07:54

Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
cc

Subject
Re: W.F inconsistency

Rahul ,
    I dont have problems with the Buffer. My problem now is that I have
inconsistent Template versions between the 2 systems. Look at the history
below. Could not fix this with moving the template again. And there is not
good
Version Management in the W.F Builder.

Any Clue ?

Regards
Adnan

Rahul Shukla <rahul_ariean at yahoo.com> wrote:
After transport did you try running the below
transaction ?

Tcode - SWU_OBUF in QA

This Synchronizes Runtime Buffer.

thanks,
rahul

--- Adnan Hashim wrote:

> Hello Experts,
>
> I have inconsistency version ! in W.F between Dev
> and Quality Assurnace system.
>

> On Dev I have
>
> ( Ver 0000 - Orig 0000 Inactive and Ver 0001 -
> Orig Ver 0001 Active )
>

> on QA I have
>
> ( Ver 0000 - Orig 0000 Active and Ver 0001 -
> Orig Ver 0000 Inactive )
>

> How can I SYNC both ? when I tried to overwrite
> the system generated
>
> Ver 0002 - Orig Ver 0001 automatically on target
> system.
>

> The inconsisten! cy started when I had a REPAIR on QA
> and the system generated
>
> Ver ( 0001 - Orig 0000 ).
>

> Regards
>
> Adnan

Desire is the key. You don't feel it consistently, but when You have it,
You can't be beaten.
:Chris Evert