Restricting user access to work items displayed via SWI*reports based on task ID?

viveka.schwartz@IMPLEMA.SE viveka.schwartz at IMPLEMA.SE
Sat Nov 12 16:40:49 EST 2005

I know that one way would be to create variants for the report behind the
SWI*-trans.code, then define a new Z-transaction code for each
report/variant and then assign the respective Z-trans.code to the
respective administer.

However, I was more looking for an authorization object or something like
that.

Regards
Viveka

----- Forwarded by Viveka Schwartz/Implema AB on 2005-11-12 22:36 -----

Viveka Schwartz/Implema AB
2005-11-12 21:38

SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
cc

Subject
Restricting user access to work items displayed via SWI* reports based on
task ID?

sorry, I forgot to mention the release:  4.6C !

----- Forwarded by Viveka Schwartz/Implema AB on 2005-11-12 21:37 -----

Viveka Schwartz/Implema AB
2005-11-12 21:36

SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
cc

Subject
Restricting user access to work items displayed via SWI* reports based on
task ID ?

Hello workflowers,

I've searched the documentation and the archive but could not find any
answer to this :

My client has several workflow scenarios live in their productive
environment.
The WF-admin role is de-centralized; one user should administer
(swi2_diag, retrieve and forward work items etc) one wf-process, another
user should administer another wf-process aso.

So the transactions SWI2_DIAG, SWI5, SWI1 must be given to all
administers.
However, when running these standard transactions it is requested by my
client that each administer should only be given access to work items
belonging to the wf-process she/he is responsible for to administer.

I could unfortunately not find any suitable authorization object for
restricting the work item access via the SWI* reports to specific task
IDs. Perhaps I just missed it.

Any hints on how to solve it ?

Regards
Viveka