SRM 4.0 Error Messages within BADI's

tamara.elliott@kodak.com tamara.elliott at kodak.com
Fri Nov 11 11:06:29 EST 2005

We are using the BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI to check for, and display errors to
users during shopping cart creation.  I am using the standard message code
- MESSAGE E001(zmsg_class) - to display the error message.  Unfortunately
you are limited in the number of characters available to display a
message.  I have tried using the long text portion within the SE91
transaction, but when the message appears during shopping cart creation it
does not give you the option to display the long text - only the short
text is displayed.

Is there a better way to display messages back to the users that gives you
more text capability?

We are using SRM 4.0.

Thanks.

Tami Elliott