Theoretical question - WF Design

Mike Pokraka (WUG) wug.replies at workflowconnections.com
Wed Nov 9 16:07:58 EST 2005

Hi Sue,

Always a big question of keeping a balance between simplicity and
visibility. I lean towards visibility. Spend that little bit of extra time
in designing sensible subflows and you can cram quite a lot of stuff into a
flow that still remains manageable.

Another factor to consider is putting as much 'business' conditions in the
WF as possible and hiding the techie stuff in code. Bear in mind that it may
be business users looking at the logs, so hiding too much makes that
useless. Oh, and it makes productive debugging easier to have stuff in the
flow.

Just my 2c,
Cheers
Mike