Controlling Forwarding at a task level in 4.6C

Mark Pyc mark.pyc at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 16:59:35 EST 2005

G'day Wuggers,

Anyone got a trick for controlling forwarding at a task level in 4.6C.
Unbelievably (to me anyway) the ability to choose 'forwarding not
allowed' at task level only comes in in 4.6D - missed by thaaat much!

Seaching the archives revealed a treat from Helena Svanikier about
using the field exit for the data element 'SEARK' (which appears when
selecting the user to forward to) but this doesn't allow control at a
task level, the only data available is the selected user and whatever
you can find is SYST. Helena was using it to control who could
forward, not which tasks could be forwarded.

Does anyone know of an exit or equivalent.

I've asked a similar question before and there were some great
suggestions such as manipulating WI display to include extra buttons,
but I'm hoping for something nice and neat behind the scenes if
possible.

Actually, I've just remembered that I meant to try using
authorizations and Task Categories - has anyone done this??

Many many thanks,
Mark