Desktop Workplace

Alon Raskin araskin at 3i-consulting.com
Sat May 21 05:39:21 EDT 2005

Hi Dominik,

Disclaimer : The company I work for is the producer/seller of Desktop
Workplace

We are pleased that you like the tool (and I hope that Marafiq users do too)
but I wanted to make a comment regarding your comments on front end vs. back
end.

The way we see it is that it is a trade off. When you implement a Server
based solution you are limited with how 'tight' your integration can be with
the email software. For example, when a user completes a work item, DW
automatically removes the email out of their inbox (it also removes it out
of the inbox of the other possible agents). To my knowledge, this can not be
done using a Server based solution.

Our experience is that if you show the users a client based solution (such
as DW) and the Server based solution, they will choose DW. To them, the
functionality is important and not the 'technology' (that's someone else's
problem... :-) )

In summary, I agree 100% with what you say but ultimately it comes down to
what the users want.

Regards,

Alon Raskin
e: araskin at 3i-consulting.com