Outlook integration with SAP

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Fri May 20 02:28:42 EDT 2005

Hi Partha,

Most common approach I am seeing and recommendng with your setup as
described ...

Use RSWUWFML2 to send a hyperlink taking the user directly to the UWL
inbox page in the portal using the PCD target (talk to a portals person
about the hyperlink format.

Consider using collective email reminders - i.e. there is work there to
do - check your inbox - rather than individual reminders. Individual
reminders can become spam-like over time.

You can also go to a middle ground - e.g. use collective email reminders
based on certain tasks - e.g. there are "orders for you to process", "HR
work to do" etc.  Good idea to use the UWL config to set up matching
subviews - so that they can quickly filter the UWL list down to the
appropriate work items.

Another advantage of taking people to the portal is that it reinforces
that this is where they should be doing their work - rather than going
directly into R/3.

You can also send both the hyperlink and R/3 GUI shortcuts if you wish
so that those "experts" who do have SAPGUI access can login directly.

Jocelyn