AW: way to convert P + personnel number type of agent to US+UserID

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Fri May 20 02:08:52 EDT 2005

Hi Sushil,

FindUserFromAgentStructure is a strip-the-first-two-chars routine - so you could use this as an example for your strip routine if you wish.

By the way use object USR01DOHR not USR01 when you are working with personnel numbers.

USR01DOHR is the user master linked into HR information.   When you are using BUS1065 with a HR system, USR01 delegates to USR01DOHR automatically at runtime (very curious but true).

USR01DOHR includes a method GetEmployee that takes you in the other direction - i.e. from user id to personnel number

If you want to go in the other direction use function module BAPI_EMPLOYEE_GETDATA  (possibly the most useful function module in HR for workflowers) - but yes you still have to strip off the "P ".

Jocelyn