Reset the status of an event linkage after an error?

Paul.Bakker@osr.treasury.qld.gov.au Paul.Bakker at osr.treasury.qld.gov.au
Thu May 12 22:10:10 EDT 2005

Dear WUG'ers,

Short version:

Is it possible to reset the status of an event linkage in PROD, without
using a transport?
If so, how?

----

Long version (but the same question :-):

I have recently discovered the joys of using the Event Queue
to capture workflow events in error.

I chose the setting "Mark linkages as having errors". This
works very well - the linkage gets the status 'Errors' and the
wayward events are saved in a queue.

The book / OSS say that if you choose this option, you
must (after fixing an error),

      "MANUALLY reset the status of the event linkage to 'No Errors'".

This is the bit I'm having problems with. Apparently
you are supposed to do this by clicking the 'Linkage Status'
column (in the 'Linkages with Errors' tab of SWEQADM). But
when I try to do this, I get an error popup saying that it
can't be reset. ("Status "no errors" cannot be set")

However, if I persevere and double-click anyway, it
claims that it has reset the link! ("Linkage was set to "No Errors")
But on checking SWE2, I can see that this is not true.

This is strange behaviour: I had understood from reading the WUG archives
that only a transport would reset the linkage status.

Can anyone else share their experiences on this topic?
I'm testing this out in a DEV client, and I want some
kind of certainty on how it will behave in PROD.

thanks,
Paul Bakker
(Brisbane)

Only an individual or entity who is intended to be
a recipient of this e-mail may access or use the
information contained in this e-mail or any of its
attachments.  Opinions contained in this e-mail or
any of its attachments do not necessarily reflect
the opinions of Queensland Treasury.

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments
are confidential and may be legally privileged and
the subject of copyright.  If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify Queensland
Treasury immediately and erase all copies of the
e-mail and the attachments.  Queensland Treasury
uses virus scanning software.  However, it is not
liable for viruses present in this e-mail or in
any attachment.