Workitem not completing after Call Transaction to VM01

tamara.elliott@kodak.com tamara.elliott at kodak.com
Tue May 10 13:57:23 EDT 2005

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the reply.  If the user doesn't save and just backs out, I do
get the confirm box.  My assumption as well was that it has something to
do with the transaction itself.  Not sure OSS is worth it.

The VM01 transaction is a create, but for some reason it was raising the
A00MARA CHANGED event.........not sure why.  What I meant by 'basically
does the same' is that the workflow tasks were exactly the same, just
calling two different transaction.  For some reason the 2 transactions
react differently to being executed via the workitem - even though one's a
create and one's a change I didn't think it mattered (should have known
better).

What I did to get this resolved doesn't make sense to me either, but it is
now working.  Originally in the method I set the material number via a
parameter id, and did a call transaction..end of story.  I changed the
code to set the material number in a bdcdata table, did the CALL
TRANSACTION 'VM01' USING bdcdata, and now everything works just
fine....after the save I get the Confirmation screen, and all is well. Not
really sure why this worked, but the users are happy, and we move on.

Thanks to all for their input.

Tami
Eastman Kodak

Michael Pokraka <wug.replies at workflowconnections.com>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
05/10/2005 12:18 PM
Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users' Group"