Better handling of role resolution failure (Was RE: 2 year waitvs Batch Report)

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Mon May 9 03:04:32 EDT 2005

Don't you have the "remember to send a congratulations e-mail" workflow
going to all subordinates (not only direct subordinates) on birthdays? So
once a year, when the top guy has a birthday everyone should receive it and
send him (let's face it, statistics indicate it is a he) a "happy birthday"
e-mail. Well, we don't have it here either, but it would be a bit cool.
Just a bit though, as the CEO probably wouldn't be so happy about the 2 000
e-mails (assuming one in ten responds).

The other Very Useful (tm) workflow would be the one which sends a
notification to all single employees when a single person of the opposite
sex is employed at the same office location :-)  Hmm... considering the
state of the world today it would probably be wise to also have a
triggering event based on changes in PA0002-FAMST.

Ram's suggestion would be a bit like the solution for what happens to an
event linkage when there is an event error where you can specify that it
should act like the system default or specify explicitly what should happen
for your particular linkage. Good idea.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                    Peter Roehlen
                    <theycallmepete at yah        To:     sap-wug at mit.edu
                    oo.com.au>                 cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)
                    Sent by:                   Subject:     Better handling of role resolution failure (Was RE: 2 year wait vs Batch
                    sap-wug-bounces at mit        Report)
                    .edu

                    06.05.2005 07:22
                    Please respond to
                    "SAP Workflow
                    Users' Group"

Hi Ram,

I don't know about any 'right' to make mistakes but I think your idea is a
good one.  In my experience, most tasks with a standard role end up as a
General Task particularly if the pool of possible agents can't be confined
to a specific business area or a few other categories.

I doubt that there has ever been a workflow that has been intentionally
designed to go to all users in the business so a global or workflow level
setting to prevent this would be very valuable.  In lieu of that, I'd
settle for the 'Terminate' flag to be defaulted to 'on'.

Cheers

Peter Roehlen.