2 year wait vs Batch Report

Ram Manohar Tiwari rammanohar.tiwari at gmail.com
Thu May 5 12:22:02 EDT 2005

Hi Peter,

But for your case, I will put some blame on SAP as well.
I mean how many times do we actually want to forward any workitem to
all the users in the system.
Also, we are developers and I think it's our right to make mistakes.
It's SAP's responsibility to stop us.

I think SAP should provide a way for workflow administrator to decide
what should happen if no agents could be determined ( specially for
general tasks ).
    * Forward it to all users
    * Don't forward it to anyone and send a WI to the Administrator
who will decide what needs to be done.

That config should be placed at workflow system configuration level,
Workflow Level and then at Task Level.

Am I thinking loud?
I hope I am not in the process of finding another example for my Book :-)

Cheers,
Ram

<<<
Hi Ram,

Make sure you look me up when you write your book.  I'm sure that I've
got more than a couple of contributions I can make from my own painful
experiences.  For example, have you ever brought a companies mail
system to a screaming halt by moving a new general task into PRD and
forgetting to set the 'terminate if role resolution has no result' on
the standard role?  (Trust me, I'm a workflow expert... : )

Anyway, it's all good fun.

Cheers - Peter.