Creating a distribution list in background?

Workflow99@aol.com Workflow99 at aol.com
Tue May 3 16:48:35 EDT 2005

You may be able to achieve it using FMs SO_DLI_INSERT_API1 &
SO_DLI_UPDATE_API1

Regards,
Ramki Maley
Workflow Developer,  USCBP.
248-613-1287 (C)

In a message dated 5/3/2005 3:59:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Margaret.Hilsbos at dayzim.com writes:

Hello  all,

I am wondering if anyone has done this successfully...

I  need to have a background step that creates a distribution list. The
resulting  DL can be empty; it will be edited later by the user. But it would also
be  nice to be able to pass it one or more addresses.

I am trying to use  the business object type ADDRESS, method CREATE. However
in test mode of SWO1,  testing the CREATE method results in error message: "No
address exists". Well,  of course it doesn't exist, I am trying to create it!

I did a quick  search of OSS for this and came up empty.  I am just wondering
if anyone  has used ADDRESS.CREATE successfully or can suggest another means
to create a  distribution list in the background. Note, the ADDRESS object
works quite fine  to return an existing DL.

I have tried this on systems with Basis  version  6.20 and 6.40, same result
both places.  (what part of  "create" don't I understand? ;-)

Thanks for any help you can  give,

Margaret Hilsbos
(215)  299-5630

SAP-WUG  mailing  list