Creating a distribution list in background?

Hilsbos, Margaret A Margaret.Hilsbos at dayzim.com
Tue May 3 15:09:20 EDT 2005

Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone has done this successfully...

I need to have a background step that creates a distribution list. The resulting DL can be empty; it will be edited later by the user. But it would also be nice to be able to pass it one or more addresses.

I am trying to use the business object type ADDRESS, method CREATE. However in test mode of SWO1, testing the CREATE method results in error message: "No address exists". Well, of course it doesn't exist, I am trying to create it!

I did a quick search of OSS for this and came up empty.  I am just wondering if anyone has used ADDRESS.CREATE successfully or can suggest another means to create a distribution list in the background. Note, the ADDRESS object works quite fine to return an existing DL.

I have tried this on systems with Basis version  6.20 and 6.40, same result both places.  (what part of "create" don't I understand? ;-)

Thanks for any help you can give,

Margaret Hilsbos
(215) 299-5630