Characteristic value for PR Release Strategy Classification

Denis Crouzet denis.crouzet at arinso.com
Tue Mar 29 15:49:37 EST 2005

Hi,

I have created a characteristic and attached to a Class applicable for a
particular Release Group for PR. Now, I want to use this Char only for
few Rel Strat under the same Rel Gp and for rest of the Rel Strat, the
value of this char should be blank. When I did this, I found that the
Rel Strats where this field is left blank, are not getting activated. Is
this because the Char field is blank? If I attach a particular Char to a
Class and used it across a Rel Gp's Strategies, is it mandatory that a
value always has to be maintained for that Char? If this is the case,
how can I handle a situation where I have to use a Char for only few Rel
Strat under a same Gp? I cant create a separate Class also as only one
single class can be attached to Rel Gps in case of "Non overall" rel of
PR. Pl help.

Denis