Deleting work items in production

Uday Malghan umalghan at HNS.COM
Tue Mar 15 12:35:20 EST 2005

Cindy,

Couple of times  I used SWWL (WIM: Delete Work Item)  to delete work items
and detail log. This tcode has option to only delete workitem with and w/o
log.  But recommended approach would be not to delete.

Thanks,

Uday Malghan

Qiru w <qiruw at YAHOO.COM>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
03/15/2005 12:04 PM
Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users' Group"

        To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        Deleting work items in production

Hi, all,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =

   We have an issue regarding deletion of unwanted work items in
production system. According to SAP's recommendation, archive is the best
approach. However, the problem is that we are not planning to implement
archiving functionality in the near future, but production has this
immediate requirement.
   Alternatively, SAP provide two reports SWWWIDE and SWWHIDE to delete
work item in development/testing environment, which will delete work items
permanently and directly. However, SAP emphasizes on the risk of using
these reports and only suggests using it in non-production system.

   Can these two reports act as practical solution to eliminate work items
in production?
   Does anyone actually use this in production?
   How to use it up to make it secure and reduce the risk of mistakenly
using the program? I am planning to use a dummy user who will get those
work items need to be deleted and set the running variant and
authorization to this user only.

   Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
Cindy