Recursion in PFTC for Task Groups

Mark Pyc mark.pyc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 07:31:25 EST 2005

G'day Wugers,

620 patch 41

I would report this to OSS first rather than here, but the client I'm
at is very cynical about the quality of service they receive from OSS,
so I'll annoy everyone here first instead.

I have a task group which contains 7 TS tasks (1 of which appears in
other task groups) and 6 WS tasks. There are no references to other
Task Groups. When I try to choose 'Extras > Agent Assignment >
Maintain' the transaction abends with TIME_OUT.

A bit of debugging shows that it enters into a recursive spiral
leading to it's demise.

Searching OSS came up with note 608767 which points out that recursion
can occur within Org Structure relationships although they "cannot be
included in the system by standard means (for example, Transaction
PP01, PPOME)". I can assure you nothing other than standard means have
been used here.

The note suggests using report RHSTRU00 to identify the recursion
after determining the OTYPE, OBJID & WEGID. In my case it's TG,
9whatever & SAP_CTCG respectively. The report works fine if you set
the Technical Depth to 1 (not that it really shows you anything) and
will dump due to recursion with a Technical Depth of 2. The report has
a flag which I assumed was supposed to avoid Recursions causing a
dump, but it doesn't seem to work in this case.

OSS note 450078 suggests possible problems with Structural Auths and
table T77PR but they're not used here. It also says to look in table
T77AW for possible recursions in the definition of the WEGID, but in
the case of SAP_CTGC everything appears in order.

I can maintain other Task Groups, but there are 4 which are all very
similar (all infact include the reused TS task mentioned above -
although I can't see anything funny about it) which all fail with
recursion.

Has anyone suffered and survived something similar?

Many thanks,
Mark