Terminating event for EXTSRV

Rankin, Andrew AJ Andrew.J.Rankin at BHPBILLITON.COM
Sun Mar 13 19:26:26 EST 2005

Hi all,

Hoping somone can assist me with the following problem:

We have a workflow in place for approval of travel expenses through EP5.
Migration to EP6 is in progress. The workflow uses the WFXhandler
component which calls a custom portal component to render the travel
details and allow approval/rejection. Configuration in the UWL
override.xml  and WfXHandler control it all. The actual task behind this
uses EXTSRV.PROCESS method. Now with EP6 we don't want/can't use the
WFXHandler any longer. Preference is to not change the workflow
definition if possible and  minimal change to the customised component.
Switching to use the handler service on the WAS is an option but raises
other issues for us.

Using the EP6 UWL configuration potential, we can start a work item with
the same custom component, which is a good start. However the problem we
have relates to how to complete the work item once the user makes a
decision. The present and expected way to continue to do this is with
terminating event EXTSRV.COMPLETED. The EP6 document "How To...
configure the UWL" suggests that you can use SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT, so
we tried doing this to create EXTSRV.COMPLETED event, with the work item
number as the object key. But it doesn't find a receiver.

When I look at the "WORKITEM" event instances, none of them have an
object key! They only have a receiver key, which is the associated work
item number. However the whole thing is currently working in EP5 with
the WfXHandler, so it must do something to find the event instance
linkage in order to get the receiver. Note that when I check the event
log for current examples, it finds the receiver with an object key (the
wi no.) - so maybe the instance linkage is modified before the event is
created?

Does anyone have any ideas about what I could try to resolve the issue?
Many Thanks!

Regards,
Andrew Rankin
CSC Australia
Phone +61 2 42310322
Mobile 040 805 9920

This message and any attached files may contain information that is confidential and/or subject of legal privilege intended only for use by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this message in error and that any dissemination, copying or use of this message or attachment is strictly forbidden, as is the disclosure of the information therein.  If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the message.