Creating an object type referencing GUID

Paul.Bakker@osr.treasury.qld.gov.au Paul.Bakker at osr.treasury.qld.gov.au
Sat Mar 12 17:34:22 EST 2005

Hi Margaret,

You can use the function module BBP_BUPA_GET_NUMBER to convert a 10-char
Business Partner number into 32-char GUID or a 16-raw GUID.

cheers,
Paul

                      "Hilsbos, Margaret
                      A"                        To:       "SAP-WUG \(E-mail\)" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
                      <Margaret.Hilsbos@        cc:
                      dayzim.com>               Subject:  Creating an object type referencing GUID
                      Sent by:
                      sap-wug-bounces at mi
                      t.edu

                      12/03/2005 08:16
                      Please respond to
                      "SAP Workflow
                      Users' Group"

Hello all,

Please somebody help!  I am desperately trying to build a workflow in CRM
4.0 (WAS 6.20) and I keep running into the problem that *everything* in CRM
is apparently based on a GUID - except of course the delivered business
object types for Business Partner!  However, in BSVZ the linkage will not
accept the business partner object types.

I have written an OSS message on this but so far the response is not
promising.  I am trying to do a workaround.  I looked at the table CRM_JCDS
and saw that the GUID is part of the key for that table. However when I try
to create a business object type with CRM_JCDS (I know, is this crazy?) it
turns out the GUID is stored as RAW, not CHAR - and therefore is not usable
in a business object type key.

YET, there are plenty of delivered business object types in CRM that use a
GUID as the key, just *not* business partner.

I need to find some way to trigger the workflow based on a status change to
business partner. Why is this so hard? I do not have programming resources
available at this time and my own programming skills are limited.  Can
anyone help or are we just out of luck until I learn more ABAP?

This seems so basic that I must be missing something.  I posted this
question awhile ago and no one responded. I hope I have better luck this
time - thanks to anyone who can help!

Margaret Hilsbos
(215) 299-5630