Transaction message lost in UWL

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Tue Mar 8 07:21:26 EST 2005

For what it is worth: I agree. Of course the more specific message from the
transaction is most important.
We don't use UWL, so I don't know much about it. It would be better if you
had a "message console" with a short message history. It could even drain
itself by setting a timer to remove the message after a minute to avoid
confusing users who return to the UWL after doing something else for a
while.

I can tell SAP has learned something from their co-operation with
Microsoft. The art of saying: we know best.
They just need a " - so sod off!" at the end to make the arrogance
complete.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn - who uses SuSE Linux at home since IBM gave up on OS/2 (if
only they would port SOM and WPS to Linux...)

                    Michael
                    Pokraka              To:     SAP Workflow User Group <sap-wug at mit.edu>
                    <workflow at qui        cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)
                    rky.me.uk>           Subject:     Transaction message lost in UWL
                    Sent by:
                    sap-wug-bounc
                    es at mit.edu

                    07.03.2005
                    17:15
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "SAP Workflow
                    Users' Group"

Hi all,
An annoying 'feature' of the UWL is that it doesn't display a transaction's
message when a WI is executed. Instead of e.g. "Document 5200011111
posted", it
comes back with "Work item executed (new processing status: "Completed")".

Yes, I've posted this to the list before and had no replies. However in the
meantime I've also queried this with OSS and have had a partial answer:
This
works as designed.

Now, I think that the message from a transaction is possibly important. I
didn't get any definite answer from OSS yet, it has been passed on to
development. I would however like to get some feedback from folks 'out
there'
if anyone has found this to be a problem in their environment, and/or how
important this is - just to get an idea of whether my client is the only
one
who thinks that a lack of feedback from the transaction is a critical
shortcoming (and I agree).

Any comments appreciated,
Cheers
Mike